Wednesday 2 March 2011

Venetian Snares

My first gig of the year was at Coalition in Brighton for Venetian Snares. Honestly not to fussed about the music, i have heard better on my gig trips, but it did have something that i dont usually get at gigs, and that was a good old fashioned mosh.

Now i haven't properly moshed since i saw Hundred Reasons at Leas Cliffe in 2002. I had a brief go of it at HEAVY in 2009 but nothing crazy. This time i thought i might as well go with the flow and had myself a good old mosh, and i'm proud to say i am yet to fall over in the pit. But there was some douche bag who had the weirdest mosh technique i have ever seen, i think he thought he was in The Matrix. The man had dread locks. So when he decided he wanted to throw his face about i got whipped in the eyes, throat and worst of all mouth. There is nothing like dirty hair tossed into your mouth.

One thing i need explaining to me is the basketball jerseys, now i understand the band t shirts, tour dates t shirts, i even kind of understand plain t shirts, but basketball t jerseys? I dont think i have ever seen anyone wear an official football jersey to a gig.

My highlight of the evening however was seeing my cousin throw himself into a whole bunch of people. He is 36 when will the boy grow up haha (see earlier blog post on growing up)

No comments: